Company Registration | Company Incorporation Singapore
What is a Company?
A business entity registered under the Companies Act, Chapter 50 and treat as an independent legal entity. Once incorporated, the company can own properties, enter contracts, sue or be sued.
Types of Company Registration
(1) Private company limited by shares
- Private company (up to 50 shareholders)
- Exempt private compay (not more than 20 shareholders; no corporate shareholders)
(2) Public company
- Public company limited by shares (more than 50 shareholders; offers shares to the public)
- Public company limited by guarantee (not-for-profit, religious and charitable organisations; has a board of trustee)
Who Can Incorporate a Company?
(1) Singapore citizen
(2) Singapore permanent residences
- Those residing local and managing the operations – must apply for an Entrepass
- Those residing overseas – must have at least one local resident director
Information For Company Registration
Key information for company registration:
(1) Check availability of company name
(2) Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA) for the company
(3) Local address
(4) Directors’ particulars
(5) Business activity (Find SSIC code for your business)
Company Registration Fees Payable to ACRA
|Name Application Fee||S$15|
|Company limited by shares||S$300|
|Company limited by guarantee||S$600|
Company Formation Processing Time
Wait 15 minutes after registration fee is paid for ACRA to approve or reject your application.
It may take 14 days to 2 months if the application needs to be referred to other authorities for approval (e.g. a private school will be referred to the Ministry of Education)
Within 3 days of your application for company incorporation, submit an online endorsement from the company directors or secretary via BizFile
Challenges of Company Incorporation
Incorporating local company involves complex procedures. Being unfamiliar with ACRA complex procedures and information needed for company incorporation in Singapore will delay the company formation process and affect the business planning of a company. In this fast evolving business environment, speed is utmost important.
AG’s Company Incorporation Services
To cut down the hassle, AG provides company formation services to our clients at affordable charges so that our clients can focus more on their managerial role.
Our company incorporation services include the following:
(1) Sole proprietorship
(2) Partnership/ Limited partnership
(3) Foreign company (branch)
(4) Local company